I can't get the examples to work

Hello, I've become interested in your engine, but I cannot seem to get the examples to work, most of them simply crash, the TestProjectedWater demo loads slowly, then only sometimes shows the water, the other times shows just white. The TestColladaLoading demo runs ok, but the model is untextured.

Can anyone tell me why this happens and how to fix it, I don't see how I'd be able to use the engine if I can't get the demos to work!

When you say crash, can you define what happens?  Console output would be quite helpful here :wink:

As far as things loading slowly and textures not showing up… can you provide us with some system specs?  Specifically:

• CPU

• Memory

• Graphics Card

• Resolution you're running the demo on

The window opens, goes black, and the program quits.

Specs:

CPU: 1GHZ PowerPC G4

Memory: 512 MB

Gcard: ATI Mobility Radeon 9600

Res:640x480

The Radeon 9600 only supports up to OpenGL 2.0.  Unfortunately, I'm not certain of the current OpenGL requirements, but maybe Momoko_Fan or someone can shed some light on this…

Looks like you're using a mac… A pretty old one too. Still, Radeon 9600 should be able to handle the examples. Did you try running the basic examples? Which examples work and which don't?