I hate mieces to pieces!

Not sure exactly how this is happening but somehow in my project the mouse cursor refuses to disapear.  I call MouseInput.get().setCursorVisible(false); but the cursor persists…I set up a control to toggle mouse cursor visibility and it's quite strange because it's like I have two mouse cursors…one that appears (in a different place on the screen) when MouseInput.get().setCursorVisible(false) is called and the one that appears when MouseInput.get().setCursorVisible(true) is called.  The latter is expected, the former is an unwelcome guest that somehow creeped into the code-base.  I've set traps but can't seem to catch the bugger, so I thought I'd give a shout out for some extermination assistance.

Anyone know why I'm experiencing this?  It would seem as though there's another mouse cursor that is set to visible somewhere but I've looked through the code and can't seem to track it down.  This occurred right around the time FengGUI was introduced but I believe I've disabled all of the FengGUI stuff now but it still persists.

I think I might have had the same problem…

what I did was I set up a boolean "cMode", or cursormode, that toggled every time tab was pressed.

public void update (float tpf) {
if (KeyBindingManager.getKeyBindingManager().isValidCommand("toggle_cmode", false)){ cMode= !cMode; mouseLook();

protected void mouseLook() {
if (!cMode) {
(( FirstPersonHandler ) input ).getMouseLookHandler().setEnabled( true );
mouse.registerWithInputHandler(null);
mouse.removeFromParent();
}
else {
(( FirstPersonHandler ) input ).getMouseLookHandler().setEnabled( false );
mouse.registerWithInputHandler(input);
rootNode.attachChild(mouse);
}
}

Finally, in render, i made it check to see if cMode was on before drawing the mouse.

public void render(float tpf) {
        if(cMode)renderer.draw(mouse);

Then again, I never touched FengGUI, so this might be a totally different problem anyhow  :|

Now that I've changed StandardGame to not force the mouse to appear, this problem should be gone.

I bow to the wonder that is Renanse. :wink:

frogs can bow? i thought they're already as low as possible.  XD

sfera said:

frogs can bow? i thought they're already as low as possible.  XD

Not as long as you still dwell here.  :P

ouch!  8)