I have meetting a hard problem when i want to run jme3

hello,everyone:

i was download the jmonkey engine follow the guideline ,and build a project in the eclipse named HelloJME3, with a class HelloJME3 extents from SimpleApplication,but when i was run this project ,its wrong with this infomation:

严重 Application 15:30:10 Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: GLSL and OpenGL2 is required for the LWJGL renderer!

at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.initialize(LwjglRenderer.java:197)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.initContextFirstTime(LwjglContext.java:121)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.internalCreate(LwjglContext.java:164)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:116)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:188)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

2011-4-20 15:30:10 com.jme3.app.Application handleError

严重: Uncaught exception thrown in Thread[LWJGL Renderer Thread,5,main]

java.lang.UnsupportedOperationException: GLSL and OpenGL2 is required for the LWJGL renderer!

at com.jme3.renderer.lwjgl.LwjglRenderer.initialize(LwjglRenderer.java:197)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.initContextFirstTime(LwjglContext.java:121)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglContext.internalCreate(LwjglContext.java:164)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.initInThread(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:116)

at com.jme3.system.lwjgl.LwjglAbstractDisplay.run(LwjglAbstractDisplay.java:188)

at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

firstly ,i think maybe because i didn’t has opengl library ,so i was dowload it from internet with command like this “sudo apt-get install build-essential” and “sudo apt-get install freeglut3-dev”, but the problem is also like before.and my operation system is Ubuntu 10.04 ,my eclipse version is Helios Service Release 1,my computer graphics card is Ati Radeon 4800 HD,thank you for read my article.

your problem could be related to http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/groups/general-2/forum/topic/opengl-2-on-linux/

See this page:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/BinaryDriverHowto/ATI

1 Like

thanks for all person who read my articla especially MOmoko_Fan , i was resolve my problem when update my graphic card driver followed the page MOmoko_Fan providers, i`m so happy!

1 Like