I want make a game editor!

i want use javafx and idea!
why jme sdk is netbean?

1 Like

You can use the IDE you want. With Gradle for example it is extremely easy to create a jME project in any IDE.

2 Likes

And what it comes to the why… There are probably some more practical reasons as well at the time the decision was made which I’m not aware. But the IDE usages follow trends and personal preferences. There is no way we have the resources to rewrite SDK to another IDE every few years to follow these trends. Also not enough resources to perhaps not to have any IDEs as a base (there have been multiple projects with this target). All approaches have their pros and cons.

Back at the day Netbeans was the thing. Eclipse then won the battle. Further to future, boom, IDEA took the crown. Which one is next? Nobody knows.

I suggest to make a search on the forum. There have been several WIP open source projects which you might take inspiration from, or pick up.

i want use javafx and idea!

like above, just copy paste some WIP open source projects that were made like you want.

why jme sdk is netbean?

Because why not, and you dont need use SDK, you can use any IDE you want if you dont like Netbeans.

There are probably some more practical reasons as well at the time the decision was made which I’m not aware.

1 Like