I want to create this (images), suggestions?

EDIT: Urg, these are annoyingly big, sorry.

The notes could be particles or could just be a custom mesh and/or bunch of billboarded quads.

For the second one some combination of Bloom, Glow, Blurr, Lens flare and HDR should help.

It mostly just looks like lens flare tbh.

The final one looks like more lense flare with a bit of fog towards the edge/corners of the screen and a circular/rotational blur.

@zarch said: The notes could be particles or could just be a custom mesh and/or bunch of billboarded quads.

For the second one some combination of Bloom, Glow, Blurr, Lens flare and HDR should help.

The final one looks like more lense flare with a bit of fog towards the edge/corners of the screen and a circular/rotational blur.

The notes need to come off objects creating sound though, so would a mesh be appropriate?

Everything is a mesh at the end of the day :slight_smile:

(Meshes don’t have to all connect to be part of one geometry so you could do all the notes as one mesh or you could do lots of meshes one for each note).

@zarch said: The notes could be particles or could just be a custom mesh and/or bunch of billboarded quads.

Hmm, is the lens flare called something else that i’m missing? Can’t seem to find it.

And thank-you for your replies :).

Lens flare isn’t a filter, it’s a visual effects technique - usually achieved by placing a few billboards between you and the lightsource with suitable image on them.

@zarch said: Lens flare isn't a filter, it's a visual effects technique - usually achieved by placing a few billboards between you and the lightsource with suitable image on them.

Oops, sorry! I’ll have to read up on those, I was wondering what billboards where from some of the jme test code examples!

Few last noob questions :P:

If I decide the mesh route, will I effectively have to create a ‘music note’ in blender and use that? Or is there some alternative i’m missing?

In the particle emitter, is there a way to have particles follow a slightly random path? At the moment I only have it ‘straight up’, i’d quite like it looking like music is coming from objects :). Even if it was just in a slight ‘wave’ motion for example?

For the emitter - just look at the emitter settings although I’m not an expert.

You could create the note in blender, however it would most likely be easier to create a texture atlas with all the notes on it and just place the relevant section from the atlas into quads.