IDE Editor Pane Not Showing

Hi! I just downloaded and ran the JME3 Stable version and after opening the IDE and closing the “Info” pane, I opened a source file and it’s only showing me the “History” tab and not the “Source” tab. Any thoughts on resetting this? See screenshot below. Thank you! :slight_smile:

This is on Mac, by the way.

@monkeylover said: Hi! I just downloaded and ran the JME3 Stable version and after opening the IDE and closing the "Info" pane, I opened a source file and it's only showing me the "History" tab and not the "Source" tab. Any thoughts on resetting this? See screenshot below. Thank you! :)

We can’t see your image. Try using imgur.com to share the image.

@pspeed Are you able to click on it? I had to use an alternate image hosting service because IMGUR is blocked where I am. Or, can you suggest a “good” alternative to IMGUR? Thx! :slight_smile:

Here’s the link again to the other service: http://postimg.org/image/4mbnw7lo7/

How about this one:

FYI, I can still run the JME3 RC2 IDE and it works fine. Is there some way I can reset the config files for the Stable IDE to try and revert the layout for it? I tried the reset windows option within the IDE already.

Thanks for your help!

The other images show up… the first post was completely blank where the image was… nothing to click on at all.

Too bad imgur is block for you… it is the best one.

I have the same problem with my Mac and it is a bug with netbeans that supposedly has been fixed in a more recent version. There is a race condition that basically fails to initialize Java so you can’t edit java files. I am temporarily working around it by using an older version of the sdk and grabbing the latest engine jar files.

You can delete the settings folder (see troubleshooting wiki page, link there -->)

1 Like

Thank you, @normen for the direction. For everyone’s reference, I only deleted the folder named “config” and then relaunched and it was fine.

Peace! :slight_smile: