If anyone is interested

@t0neg0d said: @normen This scenario is fucked up... there is no other way of looking at it. I realize you have no interest in admitting this, and I haven't asked you to (yet)... but what is it that has you responding to this? I'm not sure what you are getting at... give me a yes or no answer on this and then we can continue to discuss whatever it is you are trying to get at:
  1. You are asked to post your code for review by a dev team.
  2. Someone kypes your code and releases it as theirs

Would you be pissed? If your answer is anything other than yes… you are full of shit.

In the original thread I posted a link to the repository and said that people could try it out while it was being reviewed.

Look, you all should be happy I am out of here… I tend to piss everyone off anyways. Is this just an attempt to take a couple final swipes at me while I’m on my way out? Or are you trying to get some point across? So far, it just seems like you’re avoiding the actual issue (which is PLAIN AS FUCKING DAY) just to poke at me one more time.

I learned pretty quickly that in open source thats not really useful. If its secret code, don’t put it on googlecode. If its not properly attributed code, sue him if you want. But you can’t, cause it is. I don’t see why you would have your code up for contribution if you want it to be secret however…

People have made whole “Game Makers” with jME and some have games that sell millions and never mention its jME. So it might not feel great but it can happen. And this is exactly what I mean about ego issues. A productivity halt because of somebody else working with your code is just silly. Just put out your better code, whats the problem?

Since you put it all on nehon, here is how you announced your code after he asked you to give him access. Note he did NOT ask you to make it public, YOU decided to make it open and you even encouraged people to play around with it:
http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/first-look-at-a-new-influencer-based-particleemitter-candidate/page/10/#post-210848

As for taking a side, yes I avoid that because I don’t see why I should take a side in your drama here, I just wanted to know why you want get out of all things jME. And if I’m interested in doing anything about that.

1 Like