Implement Ray Lichtenstein style question

I'm a newbie- just started learning JME.

My question is how to modify the rendering style in JMonkey and implement Ray Lichtenstein style features?

I guess you're talking about Roy Liechtenstein? Well, IMHO using cell shading shaders and carefully drawn textures should do the trick.

Gaheris said:

I guess you're talking about Roy Liechtenstein? Well, IMHO using cell shading shaders and carefully drawn textures should do the trick.

Yes, it is Roy Lichtenstein. Here is picture http://www.duvekot.ca/eliane/archives/modern_room.jpg
I am writing a program that renders 3D scenes in real time in the style of Roy Lichtenstein.
Does anyone have tutorials or sample projects?
Thanks a lot.

Have a look at TestSketch - this is already something like you want, isn’t it? :slight_smile:

Add some nice textures and work a little on that shader…

I believe Sfera used it for that game in the showcase subtitled “Moenia is a game written in Java similar to Ants and Arcomage”

jME has two ways of drawing outlines. mrCoder's Sketch (GLSL based) and Sfera's OutlinePass (which uses wireframes). If you combine it with flat shading, it should look a bit like the picture. Texturing it is another matter though… espc. things like the red dots (which look like they are always in a camera oriented grid). It'd probably be best to write a shader for that.