I have had similar issues with some of my models. I have been tracking this bug for some time. But thanks to your model I am now almost sure that the problem is not
with computation but with assigning tracks to animations.
Blender (I belive) does not attach action (Animation in JME) to the model. It stores them separately and this causes that I cannot assign a list of actions to a certain model.
In blender you can use one action in several different models and they should work as long as you name the bones alike.
That is my guess for now. If I am wrong please someone correct me because I do not follow blender’s approach to animations in 100%
Thank you for your response, @Kaelthas. Let me know if there’s anything I might do to help you understand the problem.
I’m puzzled by your comment about assigning tracks to animations. The list of animation names in the imported J3O matches the list of actions in the dope sheet of the original Blend file, more or less. It looks to me as though the importer is distorting the mesh for some reason. How could that not be a problem with computation?
I took a look at the rev10872 diffs but (as expected) I couldn’t make much sense of them. I’m curious what “static pose transformations” are – in case I inadvertently included some in my Blend file.
After deleting the model’s wrist, forearm, and elbow bones and reassigning their vertices to the upper arm bones, I managed to import successfully using rev10872. This makes me hopeful that I can work around whatever went wrong there.
After some trial and error, I found an acceptable workaround, which I’ll describe here in the hope that others will find it helpful.
The bob.blend file I committed on Jan. 4 (rev 663) was saved in pose position. If (in Blender) I go into the armature’s object properties, change the skeleton from pose position to rest position, and save, JME3 imports the model’s animations correctly.