Import button doesn't exist

I’m running JME on my PC and having lots of problems, mainly due to common things such as “import model” and “scene viewer” , “convert to j3o” just don’t exist.

Update:; I confirmed now that on my laptop, the import button and the “convert to j3o” do exist. the screenshots below are 1)Pc 2)Laptop (you can see the button on this image)

I noticed that JME runnign on my laptop looks slightly differently and I don’t know why that would be , but perhaps someone could tell me. There is some difference in the java engine, and the laptop is running 64 bit windows 7 while the pc runs 32-bit win7. I don’t see why that would be a difference.

any ideas?

You don’t run on a JDK. Probably you don’t have one installed. The current release requires one to be installed, as written in the download notes. You probably also got a warning about this at the start of the application.
The content of this post is meant to be read as a straight information or question without an implicit dismissive stance or interest in having the other party feel offended unless there’s emotes that hint otherwise or there’s an increased use of exclamation marks and all-capital words.

How is this not running on a JDK?

It’s update 13 (on my PC), on the laptop running with update 11, which is where is works.

Laptop does not have the JavaFx and the Java™ 6 thing though.

The content of this post is meant to be read as a straight information or question without an implicit dismissive stance or interest in having the other party feel offended unless there’s emotes that hint otherwise or there’s an increased use of exclamation marks and all-capital words.

Please since it is so obvious and clear to you, could you explain how
“Java SE Development Kit 7 Update 13” is NOT a JDK?

@ettavsdro said: Please since it is so obvious and clear to you, could you explain how "Java SE Development Kit 7 Update 13" is NOT a JDK?
I can explain to you what I did explain in the other thread. May I note that your stance towards my attempts to help you is quite dismissive? This is not a 13:

Edit: Probably because that is your laptop but anyway in that updated post the upper SDK didn’t have access to the JDK and disabled the core plugins and it does report that when that happens.

I wish to apologize if you found that I had a dismissive tone. I appreciate the help and I didn’t mean to be offensive / dismissive.
Two weeks of this frustration with all the guides saying “do this” which just didn’t exist for no obvious reason has led me to be a bit tired. However, today was a happy moment when I found out that my laptop could do those things.

I found some of your one-liner replies quite dismissive as well, such as replying that “the screenshot clearly shows …” with no explanation, to a screenshot that I posted thinking that it proved the opposite.

I can see also that all those screenshots were not clearly marked.
The 11 is not a 13, that’s right. The 11 is from the machine where it works, the 13 is from the machine where it doesn’t work.
Neither gives any warning on start up regarding the JDK.

And except for the 11 or 13, they seem to be running the same Java machine, so why would they behave so much differently?

Since I have it working now on the laptop with the 11, this is no longer a prioritized issue for me although I will try to get it to work on the PC as well.

The issue of getting j3o and UV mapping right on android is my priority now but that’s in another thread.

Again, thanks for replying.

It seems that all I need to do is activate the plugins in the tools-plugins menu.

I don’t know if this was possible all the time, or if it became possible after uninstalling all those java things leaving only the SDK.

Either way, it seems good.