Import fails on any model after the first & OgreXML Blender Export Problem

The SDK will import only 1 model before failing on every subsequent attempt. I have to close the application and re-open it every time I want to import. Quite a pain. The failed imports are an empty result, as in it will tell me the model imported correctly but the 3d viewer will show nothing. If I proceed then absolutely nothing is put in the project explorer…

also, another problem. The OgreXML exporter does NOT install in Blender 2.65. I point it to the scripts folder, I click install. it returns a success. I open blender and nothing in the export options.

What version of the SDK are you using? Make sure you have RC2 with all stable updates installed (Help->Check for updates)
The content of this post is meant to be read as a straight information or question without an implicit dismissive stance or interest in having the other party feel offended unless there’s emotes that hint otherwise or there’s an increased use of exclamation marks and all-capital words.

Latest version(Not the nightly). Admin rights are not an issue, none of my programs are located in Program Files in Win 7. ALSO, another issue while you’re here; the jME SDK can’t resolve “junit” library and “junit_4” library upon each launch. I usually dismiss this but I’m certain it can’t be good later on down the road.

Try the “resolve” button. If your new projects still reference the junit library you are not using RC2 wit all updates though.
The content of this post is meant to be read as a straight information or question without an implicit dismissive stance or interest in having the other party feel offended unless there’s emotes that hint otherwise or there’s an increased use of exclamation marks and all-capital words.

Thanks. I’ve resolved everything except the Blender exporter.

If I can get a link to the OgreXML script I will install it myself. That’d be great.

Did some google-ing this morning, found that Blender2.65 requires blender2ogre 0.5.9. I checked the install that jME did and its 0.5.8. Installed 0.5.9 and now I have some kinda ogre interface option, and most importantly the ogrexml exporter.

It seems I have solved all my problems!

1 Like

And the all-new 2.66 exporter just came out. (On Saturday, I think)
But Blender 2.66 will most probably evolve to 2.66a; so wait & see :wink: