Important note to SpiderMonkey users

http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/2011/02/25/spidermonkey-risks-being-omitted-as-default-networking-system/

hmm… this definitely sucks as I will have to port my newbie networking code over !

If there is a change, I hope it comes much sooner then later so I can begin fixing :slight_smile:

We all hope to keep SpiderMonkey… Might be @sbook finds some time to look at it, anyone else still very welcome…

Yes I want to see what I can do to keep this alive… or at least fix the burning holes that our dear Lars won’t be able to!

sbook said:
Yes I want to see what I can do to keep this alive... or at least fix the burning holes that our dear Lars won't be able to!
You sure? I could swear @nehon had already called dibs on this one (inside joke people, sorry).

Best of luck Skye!
1 Like

LOL

Closing this thread though, since I didn’t mean to separate discussion. New developments regarding SpiderMonkey should merit new threads.

For the past one or two weeks, @pspeed has been putting in tremendous work to rejuvenate the SpiderMonkey project. While the API stays more or less the same (see the documentation), the internals are largely rewritten.

Check it out and report back your findings!