Important

Hey all,

Please make sure that if you grab the latest from cvs, you make use of the newer lwjgl.dll and lwjgl.jar files in /lib

I’ve updated the LWJGL code to comply with the alpha version of .9 LWJGL, I’m told that this should be the last major change to the api through 1.0; hopefully that’s true.

Eric, please take note of the new lib stuff when updating jws. I’ve also added the Linux .so files in there for those users.

PS: Mojo is making me write this since I suggested upgrading our lwjgl calls. So yes, if you don’t like it, it’s my fault… duck The src was tagged before I committed though so we can roll easily if needs be.

In response to this, the old jme.* is broken. This day would come I know, but I am now removing it from CVS. Soon terrain will be in place anyways. There is still a link to a zipped version in the downloads section.

God Speed old jME.

Excellent. Now I don’t have to juggle between experimental 0.8 lwjgl and the pure 0.8 lwjgl for Webstart. Makes my life a great deal easier. Before I update the Webstart jars, however, are there Linux and OSX native libraries for the version of 0.9 we have? Without them, the OSes won’t be able to run our demos via JNLP. I’d prefer not to destroy functionality unless I have to.

Still, I’d like to test Webstart with 0.9. I think we could get away will saying the demos are Windows-only for a while. Perhaps we could just post a small disclaimer on the demo page until 0.9 is officially released. Thoughts?

the released preview has support for windows & linux, os x is in the works - but probably won’t arrive untill 0.9

Still, I'd like to test Webstart with 0.9. I think we could get away will saying the demos are Windows-only for a while. Perhaps we could just post a small disclaimer on the demo page until 0.9 is officially released. Thoughts?

Renanse put the .so in the lib directory so you should be able to maintain linux support. But yeah, letting them know that until 0.9 is official, there might be some strangeness is a good idea.

Hopefully, the new LWJGL will take care of some PBuffer issues on some older geforce cards... we'll see.

Yeah, Renanse mentioned the native libs. I’ve gone ahead and updated Webstart to use lwjgl 0.9. At this point, everything seems to work really well, at least on my Windows XP machine. Could someone with access to a Linux machine try out the Webstart tests?

I’ve updated buildtext.xml with a new target - webdist-nativelibs - to automate the jarring and signing of the native libs required for Webstart distribution. It’s now in CVS, just remember to replace the dummy with the real keystore password.

(On a somewhat related note: in adding the alpha/depth/stencil bits functionality to DisplaySystem creation, we now request at least 8 depth bits. Asking for only 0 introduces graphical artifacts on my test machines. Thanks to Renanse for making the fix.)

I’m actually getting a couple odd results. First, it seems like the Monkey.jpg picture found in jmetest/data/images/ is the old version. I had to update it because it wasn’t powerof2 x powerof2 and that caused some odd banding in tests that use it) Is it possible the new one in cvs didn’t make it into the web start version?

Also, several tests just quit on me when I run them. The webstart log contains a stack trace showing that it is unable to load various models and resources.

Was able to fix this on web start with some access from Mojo. Looks like two things happened. 1. the newest jmetest-data.jar wasn’t uploaded and 2. the build.xml script wasn’t taking into account that we now have non-class resources in the jme.jar I’ve updated the build script so #2 is fixed. #1 was probably cause it wasn’t clear that it needed to be updated.

Tested all of the demos on the demo page, no exceptions, life is good.

PS: Mojo, can you update the camera man screen shot so his head isn’t squished anymore? :slight_smile:

Thanks, Renanse. And the new screenshot is up.

I guess most of that was my fault. Sorry about that. Though I’m surprised Ant didn’t automatically jar all the resouces in the file tree. Hmm. Just a minor oversight. Thanks for clearing everything up.