Importing model issues

My "import model button is grayed out like so, and I keep getting “Trying to save asset that has not been loaded before or does not support saving!

Could not locate saved file.” when trying to view my Ogre mesh.

I’m using 3ds max and OgreMax. Yes I know this is a n00b question, but I can’t figure out why it won’t load or import right from the tutorials and documentation.

Also I realize my materials should be in the materials assets folder, I just had it there to show I imported them too.

you either select a project and press the import button or you double-click a model that is in the assets folder of a project.

thats not an ogre xml file, its an ogre binary file.

Hmm, I still keep getting “Cannot import this file”. I imported an older model I did fine that contained just basic textures, but for some reason with my textured models I get errors.

That would make sense. I see all kinds of stuff for how to export OgreXML files out of Blender. Do you have a resource for 3ds max?

@normen said:
thats not an ogre xml file, its an ogre binary file.

if you can export binary files its probably just a checkbox in the exporter, I am sure it has a manual

Hmmm still can’t figure out how to get it to export as a standard OgreXML file…

If it helps here’s the documentation on the OgreMax website for exporting documentation.

@gamerdude3282 said:
If it helps here's the documentation on the OgreMax website for exporting documentation.

LOL

Btw when you use 3dsmax and OgreMax
Go to Scene Settings -> Meshes -> Export XML Files
1 Like

Thanks, I found that right before you said it. But I’m liking that post anyway!

@ogerlord said:
LOL

Btw when you use 3dsmax and OgreMax
Go to Scene Settings -> Meshes -> Export XML Files

Ugh… I’m still getting “Error cannot open” for some of my models. I can import models without textures fine, but the ones that have textures won’t open.

Nevermind I got it. I’m retarded ha.

Well I do not if is the same like 3dsMax, but with blender I need to name all textures/materials like the mesh name;

So let say you have a Cube as mesh’s name;

your material should be called Cube as well and the same for the Material so you have:

Cube —> Mesh

Cube —> Material

Cube —> Texture

I did this for blender and all my blender files just get all materials and textures correctly.