Importing models : error opening ***.j3o

Hello all,

I’ve got exactly the same problem as this man.

I’ve Blender 2.63 and Ogre exporter 0.5.8, also tryed with 0.5.7. I tryed with 3DS Max 2012 and Ogre Max too.

So when I try to import Assets, I’ve got an error : Error opening ***.j3o.

I tryed to load Assets with ogre exporter ( the file scene, mesh, xml… and convert it to .j3o) and import a blend file, the both doesn’t work.

When I try to import a blend file, there is no error but nothing display, like my model doesn’t exist. ( I put on the light in the sdk viewer )

I’ve followed this : documentation so the uv map on texture is okay.

I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled JME and blender, the problem is still here…

I’ve followed some tutorials too and they were no problem with these, excepted at Hello Assets cause i can’t load model that I create.

I also watched a vid on youtube on how to load model, and I do the same as the video…

The SDK is to date too… It appear that stuffses solved the probem with the updates, but mine is to date.

I’ve tryed with many model, sample too like just a textured box.

That’s two days that I’m trying to solve the problem, but really I don’t understand…

Thanks for your help.

Have you updated your jME3 SDK to nightly or stable?

Thanks for your fast reply.

How do you know that ? I’ve updated tje jME3 by the menu Help → Check for updates

@lubovic said:
Thanks for your fast reply.

How do you know that ? I've updated tje jME3 by the menu Help -> Check for updates

In that case you have the stable version.

Okay, I have to put it in a nightly version ?

Can you post the model file that is failing? The one from the 0.5.8 exporter I mean.

Okay you can find it here : https://rapidshare.com/files/1563157922/Cube.zip

Works for me. Can you try nightly version?

Yay ! It works well one the nightly version. thanks for you help !

It is okay to work on the nightly version ?

@lubovic said:
It is okay to work on the nightly version ?

Not really but you don't need to worry too much about that, just watch the front page of this site ^^