Importing projects

I recently joined up in the effort to build a game, and was given the entire project. However, I am unable to open the project with JMonkeyPlatform. I’ve right clicked in the project finder, pressed “open project” selected my project folder, and pressed open project. Instead of loading it into the project finder, all that happens is I get a range of folders, within the project to select. In other words, all that the open project button does, is go deeper into the file, and doesn’t actually load the project into the project finder. Is there a way to load the project into the finder?

Additional information:

I’ve re installed several times.

I’ve fully updated each time.

I’ve had the same problems on the Mac operating system

Thanks

I feel pretty stupid now, it turns out, all I have to do is drag and drop… opps :slight_smile:

Actually that doesn’t work, I need help again…

If its not recognized as a project somethings missing.

@normen said:
If its not recognized as a project somethings missing.

Ya, I think, but am not certain about this, but I think that it is actually an eclipse based project...Opps again.
@rangerplus10 said:
Ya, I think, but am not certain about this, but I think that it is actually an eclipse based project...Opps again.

Too bad, the manual even shows how one can use a standard jme project with eclipse :) Perfect example of why that makes sense. Anyway you can ofc use Eclipse to open the project then, you can also try to import the project using the eclipse importer but it might be that the asset handling is not working then. You fan also use eclipse to code the project and the SDK to edit its assets, by using the "Codeless Project" type in the SDK. Just select File->Import->External Project Assets and select the project root folder and its assets folder (or source folder if there is no separate folder for the assets).
1 Like
@normen said:
Too bad, the manual even shows how one can use a standard jme project with eclipse :) Perfect example of why that makes sense. Anyway you can ofc use Eclipse to open the project then, you can also try to import the project using the eclipse importer but it might be that the asset handling is not working then. You fan also use eclipse to code the project and the SDK to edit its assets, by using the "Codeless Project" type in the SDK. Just select File->Import->External Project Assets and select the project root folder and its assets folder (or source folder if there is no separate folder for the assets).

Thanks, you've been a great help.

-Ranger