Importing .scene from 3dsmax

Hello everyone. I am desperately trying to export a simple object (just a cube with white material) from 3dsmax to ogre-xml to jmonkey using the ogrexml-exporter. After export I get a .scene and .material file, but when I try to import it or convert it to j3o I just get a red cube without materials. What am I doing wrong? I really can’t figure out what the problem may be.

I’ve already searched the forum and have found a few threads with similar topics, but none of them helped me with my problem. I really hope that you can help me.

regs

Victor

usually it is blender → ogre. i never tried to export from 3dsmax. i dont know if this ogre is the same.

remember that material need to be the same name.(at least it needed be in alpha version).

and i dont know how material look like.

but the same question as in other topic: why not to use j3m?

You can really only export meshes and uv maps, any other “material settings” will not translate.

So what do I need to do to get those gorram models out of 3dsmax and into jmonkey? When I finally manage to export them, the materials are missing, even if I used uv-mapping…

Make sure you have the textures in the model folder when using the model import tool or in the assets folder when using the right-click conversion. If the textures are somewhere else they cannot be found. The applications output should also give you more information.

Do you know, which steps I have to go through to successfully export a model? If I now have a scene with several objects, then I use the OgreExporter and export the scene including the xml (model.xml) files. The outcome are the mentioned model.xml, a material and a .scene file. If I copy those, into the Models folder of JMonkey, I can rightclick the .scene to convert it to j3o, but it remains black and is invisible when rendered.

you need add a light to SceneComposer or to rootNode(or other node) ingame.

red means no material, black means no light(or black material color ;])

Ok, I’ve now tried again using two other scenes. One of them works perfectly, the other one only shows me black objects (I turned on the light in the SceneComposer).

Ogremax exported the following .material file.

material NoMaterial

{

technique

{

pass

{

}

}

}

material 01-Default

{

technique

{

pass

{

ambient 0 0 0 1

diffuse 0 0 0 1

specular 0 0 0 1 10

scene_blend one one_minus_src_alpha

cull_hardware none

cull_software none

texture_unit

{

texture KaffeeBecherTex.png

}

}

}

}

The texture is located in the same directory as the .scene and .j3o file.

That object is supposed to be black. The material colors are set to black.

Why doesn’t it load the texture_unit then?

It loads the texture, but the material says it should be black, thus when you multiply texture by black you get black.