Improved Model Import Tool

Hey Monkeys,

I updated the model import tool today and improved the workflow a bit. You now select the model file and key settings on the first page and then on the second page see the model and all loaded assets and those that failed to load. Also theres lots more information displayed now, also based on the import results. E.g. when the textures fail to import a hint at the texture location requirements is made.

At a later stage there could be generic import processors that can either check models after import or even perform actions on them before finally importing them to the project.

Cheers,

Normen

9 Likes

Great!!

That looks like a really nice change :smiley:

awesome work :slight_smile: thanks!

Ooooh, very nice!

Nice!

A small suggestion.

On the old version at least, the click-to-rotate buttons can be tedious to use - a lot of clicking required. If you replaced them with a horizontal scroll bar that goes from 0 to 360 then you could just grab and drag the thumb control to rotate the model.

1 Like
@morts said:
On the old version at least, the click-to-rotate buttons can be tedious to use - a lot of clicking required. If you replaced them with a horizontal scroll bar that goes from 0 to 360 then you could just grab and drag the thumb control to rotate the model.

Sounds like a nice idea, I'll see what I can do, the preview panels are in for a bigger rework though so I'll have to see how much sense that makes before that.
@normen said:
Sounds like a nice idea, I'll see what I can do, the preview panels are in for a bigger rework though so I'll have to see how much sense that makes before that.

Why not make that preview a viewport where you can use the mouse to rotate?
@madjack said:
Why not make that preview a viewport where you can use the mouse to rotate?

Why not make the SDK a 1:1 copy of CryEngine? What did I just say in the post before? :P Edit: Also for a preview I think simple controls are better anyway.
@normen said:
Why not make the SDK a 1:1 copy of CryEngine?

Nothing wrong with that. It would only be better with you guys at the helm. :P