Indicator and overlay image

Hey Chris!

Got something for ya. :smiley:

I’m using Indicators to reflect the state of things like fuel remaining, etc in a vehicle and I noticed a pattern repeating itself. After starting a post about this here I realized this was cause by the default overlay image. It was producing a repeating pattern. The question then becomes, would it be possible to have this removed so there’s no overlay by default? I think that would be the best way to do this honestly. Alternatively a boolean to use overlay would be fine. Either setUseOverlay(true/false) or setOverlayImage(null).

What do you think?

Here’s what it looks like with the pattern:

Edit: The indicator is set to use Vertical and the overlay is Vertical, this might be something you want to fix. :wink:

@madjack said: Hey Chris!

Got something for ya. :smiley:

I’m using Indicators to reflect the state of things like fuel remaining, etc in a vehicle and I noticed a pattern repeating itself. After starting a post about this here I realized this was cause by the default overlay image. It was producing a repeating pattern. The question then becomes, would it be possible to have this removed so there’s no overlay by default? I think that would be the best way to do this honestly. Alternatively a boolean to use overlay would be fine. Either setUseOverlay(true/false) or setOverlayImage(null).

What do you think?

Here’s what it looks like with the pattern:

Edit: The indicator is set to use Vertical and the overlay is Vertical, this might be something you want to fix. :wink:

I like this idea. As soon as my machine stops sucking, I’ll update this.