Infinite extents in com.jme3.bounding.BoundingBox

Out of this support request comes this patch to deal with infinite extents in axis-aligned bounding boxes.

I refactored the private merge() method to mergeLocal() and updated its JavaDoc to reflect what it actually does.

Likewise the public merge() method duplicates mergeLocal(), so I changed its implementation and JavaDoc accordingly. The nomenclature is still confusing, of course. It may be that the public merge() is only invoked from com.jme3.scene.plugins.blender.textures.UVCoordinatesGenerator, in which case perhaps it should be refactored out of the class.

I also couldn’t resist adding/correcting some missing/misleading JavaDoc not connected to the bug.

2 Likes

I don’t have time to apply it personally but at quick glance the patch looks good to me.

@sgold said: I also couldn't resist adding/correcting some missing/misleading JavaDoc not connected to the bug.

This is how it starts. :wink:

1 Like

I think the patch is good as well, but its only applied for boxes. Do infinite bounding spheres work correctly in the engine right now?

My test case involved an infinite sphere, and that worked. But I can’t say my testing was exhaustive. If there are cases you’re concerned with, test them.

In the interest of keeping this issue from being lost, I’ve reported it (#608) on the Google Code site.

1 Like