InputHandlerDevice name 'Microsoft

Hi,

I'm trying to initiate an inputHandler in a BasicGameState, but it doesn't work. I get the following message in my console:

InputHandlerDevice name 'Microsoft

That message should not worry you too much if input works in other jME applications (e.g. tests). It simply means that you input device names are not unique and you will have problems distinguishing them by name. Even though this problem should be fixed somehow it is most problem not the actual problem you are facing.

What exactly are you trying to achive with 'instantiating an InputHandler'?

I just mean

InputHandler input = new InputHandler();

Is this the right way to get an inputHandler in my BasicGameState?

The reason I posted this is because I see a mouse cursor from the absoluteMouse I created but I can't move it.

Hugo said:

InputHandler input = new InputHandler();
Is this the right way to get an inputHandler in my BasicGameState?

I'm not familiar with BasicGameState but generally yes, that's the normal way to create an InputHandler.

Yes, that’s correct, just don’t forget to call input.update() in the gameState’s update method.

This makes me realize the need for something but I think I’ll create a separate post for it:

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/jmeforum/index.php?topic=4097.0

We're already testing for uniqueness, is it possible to add a number to the name of non-unique devices and thus still give access to them.  e.g. "Microsoft Device (2)"

thx Darkfrog,

all I needed to was add the update method.

I really need to pay more attention to what I do.