Installing jME-Physics

Hi, I tried to install jme and jmephysics in NetBeans using a tutorial I found on this forum but couldn't get it to work properly, I've left a post about that. I thought I'd try the tutorial in the wiki  and came across two problems:

1. the test package in jmephysics doesn't compile for some odd reason, so I left it out and just compiled everything else the tutorial told me to. Will this cause any problems??

2. When I run any of the lessons in the tutorial package in jmephysics I get this error:

java.lang.IllegalStateException: No physics implementation was registered nor found!

at com.jmex.physics.PhysicsSpace.create(PhysicsSpace.java:320)

at com.jmex.physics.util.SimplePhysicsGame.initSystem(SimplePhysicsGame.java:72)

at com.jme.app.BaseGame.start(Unknown Source)

at com.jmetest.physicstut.Lesson1.main(Lesson1.java:99)

I've been trying all day to get this to work and I'm so close hehe. Is it something to do with the libodejava.so being in the wrong place or something?

Thanks
  1. it should compile. Can you give an error message/details.

2. you are missing an implementation - put either impl/ode/src into your source path and add impl/ode/lib to your java.library.path OR put impl/joode/src into your source path and add impl/ode/lib/*.jar to your classpath.
irrisor said:

2) you are missing an implementation - put either impl/ode/src into your source path and add impl/ode/lib to your java.library.path OR put impl/joode/src into your source path and add impl/ode/lib/*.jar to your classpath.

I had the same problem, and irrisor's answer was "almost" perfect for me. Just adding "impl/ode/lib" didn't help, but adding "impl/ode/lib/odejava-jni.jar" to my library path (Libraries-Run in Netbeans) fixed the problem.

OLLI