Intel GMA 3150

Hello all,

i want to run my game on a netbook with a GMA 3150 graphic chip.

the problem is that this chip only support OGL 1.5.

is their a way to simulate OGL 2.0?

I could’a sworn that my laptop with a GMA3100 can do OGL2.0… Barely, but it can do it. Have you tried updating the drivers?

~FlaH

[Edit]: Doh, nope. It’s a GMA X3100. The X makes all the difference. According to Wikipedia though, the GMA3150 can do 2.0 in Linux for some reason. Either way, ignore my post. XD

tehflah said:[Edit]: Doh, nope. It's a GMA X3100. The X makes all the difference. According to Wikipedia though, the GMA3150 can do 2.0 in Linux for some reason. Either way, ignore my post. XD

Aye, footnote # 9 here confirms this..

jME2 will still run happily on that card, however

Hmm, im using JME3.

If im using OpenGL < 2 than the screen is showing only trash.

Mr.Sir said:
Hmm, im using JME3.
If im using OpenGL < 2 than the screen is showing only trash.

Well yeah, because jME3 only supports OpenGL2 and above, as frequently stated. The developers are still discussing possible approaches to OpenGL1, but nothing is certain yet.

I have a netbook with a GMA 950, and I can only use jme3 with JOGL. Which is okay for me since it’s not at all my main development machine. I basically write a switch that uses only SolidColor or SimpleTextured or Wireframe materials on everything – the scene looks quite rough that way, but I can preview scenes and test simple things… This may not be the answer you have been looking for, though. :wink:

(Well at least it worked for previous jme3 builds, haven’t tested it recently)

thx ::slight_smile:

Same here. If I start the HelloJME3 on my NetBook i get this: GLSL and OpoenGL2 is required for LWJGL renderer!

I think it is an problem off the operatingsystem (driver). I am using Ubuntu 10.04. Is there anyone who fixed it?

What is your graphics card? You’re probably best off starting a fresh thread for this

The graphics card is the one named in the topic. I found a way to activate OpenGL 2.0 and HelloJME is running now. “Enable limited ARB_fragment_shader support on 915/945.” and “Enable stub ARB_occlusion_query support on 915/945.” with driconf. But one option is listed under debugging - so I am not really happy with this solution.