Interpolation in models

I have a great idea, it involves interpolation of a single models’ multiple number of animations.
take a look at this youtube video [video]http://youtu.be/sG81ra_8w7U?t=1m35s[/video] http://youtu.be/sG81ra_8w7U?t=1m35s

in the video, take note at 1m40s - 1m46s merging the run and walking…
note at 2m1s merging pietoe with jump or even run 10 seconds before.

If there isn’t any current way to do this, is there a way to manually translate movement in skelleton meshes in the scene graph? because I’ll spend the time making functions to get a run/jog mixed animation or super sprinting animation to save all this hypothetical future time.

Right now, im sorta cheating as all entities are the same model with different textures… which programmers who don’t like to model probably like to do…
I’d like to modify the animation based on how fast the character’s run speed is; and if possible I’d like to set up a 2pass interpolation or possibly a weighted 2nd pass.

I was thinking that if I got the translation movements at key frames, I could round each keyframe into that instance’s calculated keyframe, like how it gets the animation between each keyframe, it takes the distance between points and divides it up into time, time being fps it can render…

even if I’d have to preparse this into a dedicated model object, i’d be fine with that, I don’t want to spend hours playing with the same model for different run speeds making slight adjustment to poses with the wysiwyg(i.e. mouse control/movement), because im going to not want to do quality control. nor do I want to use a calculator manually editing the values into each limb’s location and orientation, and saving each animation as a new model or object…

Also, If I can get the interpolation through programming, when I modify the base model, everything else updates, even if I have to pre-parse I’d have it done with no human errors… or atleast a little amount…

and note: im using blender, i have couple keyframes already made, and side thought, is there a way to slow the playback of animations from the scenegraph? if I could speed up the playback or slow the playback of one of the animations before the interpolation, that would be awesome too…

I was thinking of making each limb as a separate model with it’s own texture. attaching them together in the scenegraph, and Date.getTime()%frames_per_loop would be used timing the animation of each node of objects representing an entity, but that route seems awful, really awful… I don’t want to go that route, but would lead to the best results.

It’s possible to animate armatures with program code - I think, there’s a testcase in the JMETests-project.
You would have to create your own animation, that translates/rotates the needed bones relative to the character’s speed.

yes you can animate armatures with programming, but I want to merge 2 (or possibly more) different animations using a weighted linear interpolation.
I think I’ll have to duplicate the asset instance, and modify the duplicate directly. I’ll edit this post if I find how to change or find keyframes within an asset.
I’ve been working on this problem for days, I’m almost stumped.

Ah, there was a topic from thetoucher about something similar - Just a moment…

EDIT: There it is. :slight_smile:
http://hub.jmonkeyengine.org/forum/topic/multiple-animation-blending/