Introduction

Hi all,

I've been looking at JME for some time now (more than a year) as a casual observer, but since I will actually begin using it for some projects and probably post questions, I wanted to first introduce myself.

I have a CS background, and have been programming in Java since 1998 (from applets to swing to J2ME). My day job right now doesn't involve 3D or game programming (it's more like selling, coordinating people and managing projects), but I had a company for 5 years that made mobile games and I've programmed some games in C and C++ (2D and 3D with OpenGL). And now i would like to use my spare time to code some games again.

I'm also a Teaching Assistant in a Graphics Programming course at an Engineering School, where we ask our students to program a game in Java as a final project, and almost all of them choose JME, so I'd like to have an inner knowledge of it in order to help them better.

Right now I have two projects in mind that i'd like to test JME with: one is a simple free-roaming game where you control an avatar in third person view, and the other is more like a puzzle / reflexes game involving trains and fast clicking.

So that's it. :slight_smile:

Howdy, let me be the first to give you a warm welcome :slight_smile:

Sounds like you can give back to jME almost as much as jME can give to you  :wink:

basixs said:

Howdy, let me be the first to give you a warm welcome :)

Sounds like you can give back to jME almost as much as jME can give to you  ;)

Thanks for the welcome. I hope I can give something back to JME. For starters, I will see if I can make some simple but good looking demos to post, and maybe get approval to publish our student works (they've made some pool and pinball games). I believe that good demos and games can help a lot to JME.