Invalid Memory access error

Hello,

I’m seeing the following error: Invalid memory access of location 0x0 rip=0x158c93f9d and then my application proceeds to crash.

I’m creating a custom mesh from COLLADA xml data and I fear it might have to do with setting the buffers incorrectly. Does this even make sense that this might yield such an error? I did my best to use Quad.java as an example but I’m not really sure how to proceed from here. Is there maybe a way to gather more data about the error?

Thanks!

Well theoretically this cannot happen, as you should get a normal error instead of a low level crash.

I suspect a mistake in your code, that triggers a driver bug. (note maybee there is no mistake at all, and its only the driver, try updating)

Quad.java sets an Index buffer, which I’ve neglected to set. I wonder if this could be the issue.

update
Doesn’t look like the lack of setting the Index buffer had much effect. The error still appears even after setting such a buffer.

Hooray, I made it go away! \o/

I think the texture coordinates were bad. Any thoughts on why an object might flicker or disappear completely?

regards,

@jagwire said: Hooray, I made it go away! \o/

I think the texture coordinates were bad. Any thoughts on why an object might flicker or disappear completely?

regards,

Unknown. It is already clear that your display drivers are extremely buggy just from the first post. Bad texture coordinates won’t cause a crash. Indeed as said already, any normal Java program will not cause a crash like you experienced.

…so you might start with your display drivers.