Is it necessary to understand how the Blocks source works to use it?

In general, though, if I use any gradle project and add its compiles, dependencies, ect… into build.gradle, are the classes imported automatically?

If you add a gradle dependency, thats like adding a Jar to the project back with Ant.
You’ll import the dependency’s Java classes whenever you need them.

Hmm I’ve never used ant before… there is no need to add library in NetBean’s library place? For example, I have Minnie, but if I want to use the SoftRigidBody and ctrl shift i doesn’t work, how do I know what to import?

Ant is what the SDK uses by default.
And the SDK has great support for it, which sadly isn’t really true for gradle.

However Gradle is very popular so its easy to find how-to guides on the internet.

You can skip Neatbean’s libraries since they are only for Ant.

If you have Minie as a gradle dependency, you can import its classes like you normally would with the SDK

(I don’t use the SDK so I’m not very knowledgeable concerning it)

When you add the gradle dependencies correctly, your IDE should download the jars and add them to the classpath so they are available for use.
Since your IDE does not recognize the classes, something went wrong in that part.

I would recommend you use version v1.6.0-alpha. I released this as an alpha version first, as this release is not backwards compatible with previous versions. Since you are starting from scratch there is no need to start with v1.5.1.

1 Like

Ah, it seems a simple restart fixed the issue! Thanks for the help!

I use Netbeans, I have had to use “Reload project” after building, in the past as well.