Is it possible to set a different mass or weight for 1 side of a cube RigidBody?

Hi @Ascaria and thank you for replying. It is not a DICE but it is a CUBE indeed. The reason why I want it to always land upside up is that this shape contains a model that only makes sense if it’s upside up. The problem is that if I apply an impulse force on it to make it jump in the air, it might not always land upside up. Sometimes it will roll upside down or upside left… you get the point.

What I ended up doing is on collision event, I slerped its rotation to upside up so that if it lands on any face it will always roll back to the upside up face. Problem solved I guess :stuck_out_tongue:

What I would have prefered is to calculate the motion path and rotation slerp to EXACTLY predict how to make it jump and land perfectly, but that’s beyond my math skills I guess. Also, the terrain on which this cube is landing is NOT flat lol… good look with that :stuck_out_tongue:

Thank you everybody for helping. It was all useful information so I +1’ed you all. Thx

The last one is anyway not perfectly deterministic, especially if your physics use dynamic steps, as very little differences when hitting perfectly on an edge might make a difference. (And with bullet native even the floating point operations could be different depending on the hardware/compiler)

what about locking one rotation axis like character control?

edit: forget it :smiley: what about gameover when this happens?