Is jme still alive?

Since jogl is dead already.  Is jme still alive?
And will jme still be living for quite long?

Where will jme go to? What is the direction of jme for the next stage?

Best Rgds & Merry Xmas
JIA
jiapei100 said:

Since jogl is dead already.  Is jme still alive?
And will jme still be living for quite long?

Where will jme go to? What is the direction of jme for the next stage?

Best Rgds & Merry Xmas
JIA

what blasphemer ......................he's a comin to get u ...................boy :mrgreen:

but seriously jme main renderer is lwjgl, jme2 continues to be bug fixed, and jme3 though be it relatively invisible in terms of news & info is being actively developed and looking quite good actually.............so there is still life, as long as there is interest. :)

Seeing the response time and number of responses that you get, should prove that JME is still alive.  :smiley:

Since jogl is dead already.

?????????????????????????????????????

RUBBISH!

JOGL is not dead. Version 2.0 is currently in development AFAIK.

jME is not dead either. jME2 is constantly patched with bug fixes and minor feature additions. jME3 is in heavy development, in the last month, OgreXML animation, RenderManager, and collision system were added, among many other fixes.

jME dead? Hell no…  :lol:

What's your definition of dead?  :slight_smile:

I’m curious what made you think JOGL was dead in the first place. Is it because their website moved? Did they have some downtime for a while?

I can’t say JOGL looks like it’s standing strong though. Its resources are all over the place, linking to javagaming forum, their own integrated forum, old Java.net repos, kirai repos… On that note though, I do need to get this mission statement, roadmap etc. set up on the wiki.

I think it is not worth for further discussions, is it? Just one unmotivated thread with the intention to see people response to it…

ttrocha said:

I think it is not worth for further discussions, is it? Just one unmotivated thread with the intention to see people response to it....

agreed, didn't understand the post in the first place anyway...