Is JMonkey for me?

Then do. There is no reason not to start with 3.1. Whatever label we attach to it doesn’t really matter.

Depends. jME 3.1 drops OpenGL1. jME 3.1 support for Android / iOS (at least I heard) is difficult at the moment. There was something about SDK plugins not yet working. Many libraries use jME 3.1 in their latest version already (that’s a pro argument). I heard jME 3.1 has stencil buffers now working. I don’t know if I can stay on jME 3.0 because somewhere in the near future I want to explore Lemur and other libraries which do work with jME 3.1 in their latest versions. So it depends. I know some of the bigger projects here still use jME 3.0 and the game I’m working on (which will be released tomorrow and be donated to the community) still uses jME 3.0 too, but should also compile against jME 3.1. Some concerns I currently have are about GLFW replacing jinput (which might be a big mistake - at least for joysticks, gamepads and racing wheels).

1 Like

JME 3.1 does not force you to use LWJGL 3.x and therefore GLFW. In fact you should probably not use it just yet :smile:

Well, I’m not going to further discuss it here. Will reanimate the old joysticks thread for it. I think monday or so. But it’s good to know.