Is my PC boned? (Not JME3 related)

Ummmm, I’d rather not set my PC on fire. According to the reviews, that seems like a major issue with this PSU. Either that, or people get unlucky sometimes. Same with the one I was PLANNING on getting. I think I’ll get this one instead: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139028

I don’t know. But it’s not the CPU that’s being problematic, it’s the chipset. I’ll buy some Arctic Silver and repaste both of them.

I’m sure no matter what, you will some person who manages to set their PC on fire.

Antec are good. I have no experience with Corsair but they might be good also.

Your original PSU that you linked had three stars and many of the reviews seemed to state “dies quickly” or “dead on arrival”. The Antec (and the latest you linked) had 4 stores… which I think is about as good as you can expect on newegg.

And you should consider doing 650 watts minimum.

I’ll just get something and hope for the best. I can use the old PSU in one of my projects or something.

Heheh. “I’ll just use my dodgy PSU that I’m lucky didn’t destroy my components on a completely different project…” :wink:

Bob-the-bad-boat-builder: “I left some of the boards off under the waterline because they won’t show or anything…”

2 Likes