Is the code for ParticleController - Next Generation Particle Emitters available

@richtea said: I must admit I thought JMonkey was a collaborative work and didn't quite realise the firestorm I was walking into here

There is some history here - as you may have guessed - it’s a long story about unfortunate circumstances leading to hurt feelings and most of us have no interest in dredging it all up again. If you really care you can go back and read the original threads for the full events but my advice is don’t worry about it, it will blow over pretty fast :slight_smile:

How about closing the thread before the knifes start flying aplenty?

Mods and admins here need to learn when to put their foot down and lock threads so this doesn’t start all over again. And again, and again, ad nauseam.

Also, learn to shut up. Putting gasoline on the fire hoping it will die is an idiocy.

I’ve come back here after 6 months and here it is again, children squabbling. Grow the fuck up people, it’s things like that that ultimately kill a community. We don’t need that kind of behavior.

Wait, don’t close it.

I have a question for the current particle system:
Can I play animation, then remove a particle emitter?
For example I have 32frames Like here:

In the current particle system i can only play animation without stopping it. Or i’m wrong?

The idea:
I want to play explosion effect 32 frames then remove it.

@madjack said: How about closing the thread before the knifes start flying aplenty?

Mods and admins here need to learn when to put their foot down and lock threads so this doesn’t start all over again. And again, and again, ad nauseam.

Also, learn to shut up. Putting gasoline on the fire hoping it will die is an idiocy.

I’ve come back here after 6 months and here it is again, children squabbling. Grow the fuck up people, it’s things like that that ultimately kill a community. We don’t need that kind of behavior.

6 months and the first thing you get into is this, at the same time telling us not do do what you just did? A forum is made for people expressing their opinions, closing threads is only needed when the mode of communication goes down to an exchange of crude language, which only two people here did, one of them being you.

1 Like
@mifth said: Wait, don't close it.

I have a question for the current particle system:

Which “current particle system”? Zarch’s that is being discussed in this thread and that you could start a new thread for a new question? Or JME’s built in particle system which is not the topic of this thread and that you could start a new thread for?

…either way. Just saying… it’s technically not really on topic anyway.

I’ve closed the topic as the original issue is resolved. Any new issues can be made into new topics and the rest can be worked out on the playground.