Issues updating

Thanks for that Normen!

Let us know when it looks like the fix is in. As of now I am still having the issue.

I will continue development without updating for now but I like to stay up to date so will update as soon as it becomes an option.

Cheers!!

EvilNoodle

Its a restart of a hardware router, idk when he’s physically close to it :slight_smile:

@normen any idea when that will be?

“idk” is an acronym widely used for “I don’t know”

I can confirm this issue for today. Probably no one is really interested, its just for the info, so that you can consider it a real problem. :slight_smile:

@normen I know what “idk” stands for… I wasn’t really asking for an answer, it was more of a “poke” to see if anythings changed. Where is this router? Can’t you make a phone call and ask some one to restart it?

Maybe try some yoga or something…

You’d rather I do yoga than create the next game for your jME showcase? :slight_smile:

You’d rather I do yoga than create the next game for your jME showcase?

Rather than make the next game for the jME showcase? No, of course not.
Rather than asking repeatedly about a pending fix? Yes.

We do really appreciate the great interest you're taking in our project, but please keep your "poking" to the likes of Facebook :P When you've got a developer's attention, be careful not to stretch it too thin. If an issue is keeping prospective users from using jMP, you can be sure it's a priority. No need to divide the developer's attention by requesting constant updates. When it's fixed you'll know, either by checking the forum, our code updates or the jMP.
1 Like

Well said @erlend_sh.

I might add that the update/router issue in no way stops anyone from working on their project. Even with a new install.

@madjack Yes but it breaks any code written based on any more recent updates. Especially with a new install.

Sony PSN was down for a whole month, and there people get paid. Also, you can just checkout jme3 from svn and use that in your project: use_own_jme :: jMonkeyEngine Docs

Everybody who experiences this issue, please just do nothing and wait until the updates work properly again and use the hint above if you absolutely have to update your jme3 version to the latest svn version. Not tampering any further with the install will give you the least amount of trouble in this case. You will just keep your status quo and get updates as soon as the distribution problems are fixed.

The router has been restarted and updates should work as normal again, congrats to all who broke their project instead of waiting a day :stuck_out_tongue: