iWork is shutting down, save the docs!

Just in case you guys didn’t know, Apple is shutting down iWork on July 31, and the Scene Graph for Dummies and jME3 Math for Dummies slideshows are hosted there. Would be a good idea to download those before Apple deletes them.

2 Likes

Thanks for the hint. @Normen, I hope you kept a copy?

Never trust any cloud service that is not on a harddrive under your desk :wink:

Yeah sure, I got it locally and in my backups :slight_smile: Don’t know yet how I will upload them, PDF is so boring :wink:

I’m sure there must be some sort of open source slideshow web hosting thing out there that could be installed on one of the jme website servers?

about time, hopefully this is the beginning of the end for apple ^^

@norman then convert them to a javascript slideshow ^^

If you’re looking for recommendations, i’d suggest https://speakerdeck.com/. It’s from the guys who created github.com, and they are known for their quality.

Most of you ranting or suggesting other solutions didn’t even see it in its full glory yet so come back when you have a solution that works out of KeyNote :stuck_out_tongue:

Well I did, but whatever gest choosen next, I suggest to use a own solution that cannot be shutdown by some company just because they can.

@EmpirePhoenix said:
Well I did, but whatever gest choosen next, I suggest to use a own solution that cannot be shutdown by some company just because they can.

I will not choose anything else. Maybe I should have done it in a google wave :roll:
@normen said:
I will not choose anything else. Maybe I should have done it in a google wave :roll:

noob.

ASCII art slideshows is where its at. Nothing to install on the server; no more bloat to include with the website; Pure win.
@sbook said:
noob.

ASCII art slideshows is where its at. Nothing to install on the server; no more bloat to include with the website; Pure win.

I'll make an "educational" version of nethack xD