J3o files do not save in SceneComposer

Hi,

I am attempting to edit a J3o file in the SceneComposer.

I start off with this:

And I then do some edits:

And I then click the save button exactly in the top left of this image.

I then double-click on the “F16.j3o” file I was editing, and, no changes have been made.

The file has not been saved, and the model is in precisely the old position before I edited it.

So far, I have tried:

• Using the “Save all” button instead of the “Save” button.
  • Restarting jMonkeyEngine.
  • Switching to a different model/class instead of (or as well as) saving.
  • Making sure JME3 is updated to the latest version.

So far, I haven’t found a solution to this problem, so any help would be really appreciated.

Thank you,
Joe

I suppose you’re editing the root node of the model itself and then invalidate the edits by placing it in code. Given its an obj file the resulting file is a geometry so you can’t edit any subnodes. Try making a new scene file (new file menu) and adding the model to the root node there, then rotating the sub-geometry.

Could you please clarify what you’re suggesting I do? I have only started using JME two days ago, and so I am not yet familiar with the interface.

Try making a new scene file (new file menu) and adding the model to the root node there, then rotating the sub-geometry. New File → scene,open the scene (double click), add the model (select the model and press the “+” button on top), then select the model in the scene explorer and rotate it. More simple solution would be to rotate the model in the 3d editor though because the mesh is not pointing forward.