(January 2017) Monthly WIP screenshot thread

:smiley:

Nope. Linux users don’t need it, because Linux users are smart enough to mentally interpolate between static images. Pre-made animations are SO grade school level. :wink:

http://st.deviantart.net/news/april-fools-trollface/trollface-gear.png

2 Likes

This screenshot is pants, but I’ve been up for so long

Area light, much needed for my sci-fi panel lighting

2 Likes

Making progress on my physics engine again… got object->object ball joints working and tried connecting a few together with a static->object ball joint. Encouraging results:

10 Likes

Toying around with various animal abilities. Right now it’s night vision - adding all the colors together and dividing them by three - resulting in a greyscale image - and then multiplied by a factor to increase the intensity - and slightly reducing the green channel to make it look a little bit better.

17 Likes

I have released a new version of my editor :slight_smile:

7 Likes

Destruction Proof of Concept ::

POC so ignore the modelling / texturing, most of which - hand mouse drawn in blender =(… 2 days of half arsed work, most of which wasted trying to make ‘robot muscles’ in Blender, a useful ‘destruction’ class + pipeline has emerged…

In the video there are “transparent white panels” that show a burred out version of what is bellow ( I was thinking iRobot-ish style materials). Clicking on the model puts the clicked on mesh in a “100% damage” position, revealing the robot workings underneath, which don’t get destroyed because game logic. The scene is ready for PBR, just not used yet.

The interesting takeaways :

• Toggling to a “damaged” version of a mesh, via texture or direct vertex manipulation, works awesome and is very cheap;
  • Transparenty / blurred out / SSS-y / refracted / diffusion panel things, as a post filter, works fine, but needs a few optimisations;

[EDIT] oh yeah, I made this so I can have damage on models (human, robot, car, aeroplane, concrete Krails, walls etc…) caused by impacts (bullets, car crashes, fire, explosions, punches etc…)

:baseball::black_joker:

15 Likes

Intriguing.

How is this done under the hood? I guess you could get the clicked polygon via raycasting somehow but then what? Color the texture with a transparent color on those UVs? Remove the vertices? Or maybe remove just the polygon from the triangle buffer…?

Yep, looks like witchcraft to me.

I’ve been playing around with a memory game for Android this weekend. Animated cards that fly over the table, etc. This will probably never end up in Google Play :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I might have seen something like that before, but I forget. :wink:

Joking aside, I like your shnazzy take on the classic ol’ card flipping memory game. The rotations on the cards give it a unique visual feel that I haven’t really seen in other card games.

1 Like

Under the hood it is wickedly simple. The model has an addition position buffer, the “damage %” is achieved by interpolation between the two positions at runtime. I think this idea could be applied to the other buffers to achieve many different effects.

1 Like

Working on to support working with physics space and physics controls in my editor. :slight_smile:
Imgur

9 Likes

At this rate sdk will be unneeded very soon (that’s kinda sad, but hey). So many feature updates, that I feel like your posts are everywhere. Keep it up!

1 Like

I very like jME and like gamedev on java, so I want to have a good editor to this engine :wink:

4 Likes

So we just got back from PAX South, and it was a blast! It was a ton of work, but overall we met a lot of players, got to watch people enjoy our games… and some of them were very sad that they are not for sale yet (which is a good sign!). We also got a lot of media attention, made some new friends, and overall feel like we’re going in the right direction! here’s some pics:

Imgur

Day 1, setup. @dancso came with but arrived later that night, so I explored a bit!

Imgur

Seeing the before and after can be pretty insane…

Imgur

Cranes, rigging, lighting, and boxes. Boxes everywhere

Imgur

Our booth… not much to look at yet (plus potato quality picture)

Imgur

Adventure time… One of my pcs crapped out, so best buy it is! 30 minutes before closing no less!

Imgur

Final setup. 2 40’ TVS, 1000 brochures (we gave out 750), buttons (we gave out all of them), 100’s of play throughs, a handful of people we had to kick off the games because they played too long, and overall it was a huge success.

This was a dry-run for PAX East, which is waaaaaay bigger. To give you an idea, here is where our booth will be at PAX East

Imgur

@dancso travelled about 28 hours to get there, with all of the layovers and flight times… he’s a trooper

If you have any questions… let them fly. otherwise, back to going through stacks of business cards!

16 Likes

Awesome, looks just like PAX West did in the before/after shots!

The problems with Netbean and the official SDK are the too dificult to modify and update, its tied too much with filetype and the node model which kind of out dated. In few years, I also continued invest my time in this problem and want to contribute some “break-though” solutions, making Netbean platform and SDK extensible. The look and feel, UI and functions of your editor is very inspired.

Let see if this evolve enough to become a generic editor for JME. It’s very promissing man.

1 Like

I’m going to finish working on physics part of my editor in a few days and then I’m going to start implementing terrain editor :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Keep up the work. A little tip regarding the trees, trees are not that specular and shiny. :sunny:

What kind of terrain editor do you have in mind?