Finally I found time to do something on my small project.
Actual it is not WIP 01/2019 but WIP 09/2018 but since then I fighted a lack of time and problems with updates.
Currently my project is more an advertisement (again) for the great lemur library.
My project will be (maybe if ever etc.) be a game and a separate editor.
I started with the editor and I will try to explain what you are seeing:
When starting the editor its loading a config file, thats holding the choosen language - and later some other basic settings. All menutexts and all game texts will be hold in an “config appstate” while the user is able to make its own language files (*.txt files) that are “detected” while loading the program. If an other language is choosen all ingame/and editor texts will be shown in that language.
The shown menu is one way to edit language files.
A list of all available languages is loaded to the left listbox. I have modified lemur listbox so you can select (and deselect!) more then one item. Here it needed some code to restrict it to max 2 languages and you are never able to deselect German.
The words of all selected languages are loaded to the middle listbox. My listbox is able to hold several columns while one up to all can be visible (if not all are visible you get an slider). I hope I can reuse that for e.g. overviews like player statistics or in any economic simulation when you need more then one column in a list.
Below you have 3 textfields - that I have modified as well. All 3 of them have full text select and copy paste functionality. Added Mouselisteners and a new lemur anchorsystem makes this possible. If the text is to long the fields can be scrolled while the line lenght is autoadjusted.
The element width is determined basing on the screen size (the left listbox is always between 15 % an 25 % of display size) and the other elements fill up the space up to 95 %. The small exit button is using the last 5 %.
The middle listbox has columns with different sizes (I needed to make changes to the lb layout here) that are also calculated basing on the size of the other elements.
If the textlenght is bigger then the column size the visible text is shorten automatically.
The screenshot also shows a moveable popup that can be called from all existing menus (only 3 at the moment) and is exiting the app.
If the size of your display (= the window where the app is played) changes all Gui elements are rescaled automatically.
All elements are in my own defined style, that is loaded with an separate LemurStyleAppState. So I hopefully just need to change the setting at one place and not for all GUI elements individually.
I have defined Buttons (e.g. the exit button, or an info button), labels, listbox,containers, some background pictures (not shown here), fonts,Button actions… and by doing so learned a bit about lemur and find a nice webpage for button icons.
During next months I try to make some progress with the editor (it depends on my work schedule a bit) and after that I may rework some of the style to make it look more great.
Anyhow - this small screenshot is maybe not looking too great but it definitely shows the big potential that lays in lemur as a GUI