Java application for building custom Windows executable launchers

Hi

I can’t agree more :slight_smile:

It’s free of charge, there is nothing (yet?) to pay but there is no source code (or I missed something, I’ve only found example.cs and a very few fxml scripts). InstallAnywhere had a free of charge version several years ago which suddenly disappeared, JarSplice has had some unfixed bugs for years, both are proprietary. If I don’t see your code, why should I trust you? Thanks for sharing anyway, I don’t want to discourage you.

It is already possible to create .ico files under any operating system supporting Java SE with Ant thanks to my contribution in Apache Commons Imaging:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IMAGING-138

PackR and JNDT do something similar than your tool but both are open source and work under any operating system supporting Java SE, not only Windows, they don’t require Microsoft .NET, the former is under a permissive license. Writing a GUI above them is doable. Their installers don’t download any JRE, it’s intentional, they require the developer to provide a JRE (OpenJDK preferably or Oracle Java) but some links to ready-to-use JREs are provided in the documentation.

Good luck.