Java freeform project

Hi,

I’ve built the SDK (RC2) from source but I am stucked at this step:
“- Press “Open Project” in the toolbar and navigate to the sdk java freeform project”

Where is the “java freeform project” what I have to open and build?

Thanks!

The root folder (svn trunk). Why do you want to build the SDK?

I want to install the SDK on the company PC ( Win 7) but I don’t have Admin right. I know I could just install it on and other Windows PC and copy the install directory to the company PC but I don’t have access to any Windows PC :slight_smile: .

Install it on a pen drive.

On Windows 7 you need to be an Administrator regardless where you install JME.

@nagper said: On Windows 7 you need to be an Administrator regardless where you install JME.
No you don't, your windows seems to be messed up from applying this "fix" too often.

I think it depends on the security settings; anyway… every pc here needs an Admin account to install JME.

@nagper said: I think it depends on the security settings; anyway... every pc here needs an Admin account to install JME.
Yeah, it might be that theres software that prohibits other applications than those listed to execute but you can install the jME SDK in the user space just fine. But building the SDK yourself won't get you around this kind of security either, if the USB stick doesn't work, nothing will really apart from being an admin.

Maybe it’s the “Symantec Endpoint Protection” stuff but it only prevents installation. I’ve already built the SDK and generted the zip with build-zip-for-installer and it runs fine now.

Then you could have just as well copied it from your USB stick ^^

How do you mean it? I can’t install it even on a USB stich due to security restrictions. As soon as I start the installer a window pops up asking for an administrator account.
I can insrtall it on WinXP fine without Admin password but Win7 is different…
I think you guys are Administrators on your PC so you haven’t yet experienced what I am talking about :).

But here it is a bit more explained:

"If the installer is an MSI installer and it was written to allow per-user installation, then it should “just work”. When your non-admin user runs the installer, it will install in its per-user mode. If your admin account ran the installer, it would usually have a choice to install for everyone or just that user.

The trouble is not all installers are MSI’s. And not all MSI’s are written to allow per-user installation. Depending on the software, it may not even be possible to do a per-user install regardless of the type of installer."

And that1s true… there are softwares what I have installed on per-user basis and I didn’t have to give an Admin password.

Step a) Run the jME installer on a computer that you have access rights to (e.g. your own)
Step b) Select an USB stick as install destination and install the SDK
Step c) Plug the USB stick at your work
Step d) Run the jME SDK at work
:slight_smile:

I know :slight_smile: but as I have mentioned in my previous post : " I don’t have access to any Windows PC ". I am using Ubuntu on an Asus eee so it’s not even capable to run a VitrualBox&Window$. I did try “wine” but it didn’t work.
I know it’s kind of unbelivable and of course if I really wanted I could manage to access one but it would be more hassle then the building process was.
Anyway thanks for helping!!

It should even work with the linux installer, it should also have the .exe files in the “bin” folder, my mac SDK has at least. Also I’m just now installing the SDK using wine to test the windows installers, also works fine.

Hmm… I didn’t know it!