Java Game Developers group on LinkedIn -- welcome one and all

Hi all

Since I’ve enjoyed participating in this community (and a few others like Slick and PulpCore), I thought it might be nice to have a single place where fellow Java game devs can come together and chat, so I formed a LinkedIn group:

Java Game Developers Group

Just a place to come and share your experiences, get general advice, show off your projects and generally hang out.

In case you don’t know what LinkedIn is, it’s basically a site for professional networking, I’ve found it pretty to be pretty useful and a good place to meet people and find opportunities through open discussion.

Look forward to seeing you there!

Nick

Joining seems to be per-approval. Don’t you think it’d be more appropriate for a group like this to be “open access”?

Hey Erlend

Do you think so? I was only worried I might get people who aren’t actually Java devs in there, but I guess that would be a bit unlikely… What do you think? If you still feel the same, I’ll open it up.

And thanks for your interest :slight_smile:

Nick

How would you be screening applicants to know who’s a Java dev and not? Also, I myself am by no programmer’s definition a “Java developer”, yet I’m very involved in jMonkeyEngine as well as Java technology. See the problem? :wink:

Sure. Actually, my wife, who’s a video games researcher, was prevented from entering the gamedev.net group on LinkedIn because no-one would approve her (even though there are journalists and recruiters in there). So, point taken, I’ve opened the group :slight_smile: