Java IDE Discussion and Poll

Stemming from what’s began in a thread here, I feel like a general census and discourse (not flame war) on the IDE’s folks like and for what reasons (or what they don’t like and those reasons as well) would be a good read for jME and Java newcomers alike… as well as maybe tempting some of those experienced folk to try something new out and see if they can’t work smarter :slight_smile:

That being said, take the poll and give your thoughts…

The new Eclipse Galileo is pretty tight. Especially with the latest version of Subversive with Team integration (I always liked subclipse, but not anymore!).

Netbeans 6.7 is great, and easy to use. But I don't much care for the debugging environment. Also, webapp development was far more complicated for me than it was using Eclipse.

I use eclipse, although its a love/hate relationship.

I'm warming up to netbeans though, and thats only ironically through using it for non-java programming.

One of these days I should try IntelliJ based on all the good stuff I always hear about it!

As for BlueJ heh…believe it or not, I have gotten JME working in BlueJ (there's a thread where I helped someone somewhere on these forums).

heh, i think i've seen that BlueJ thread…  I'm an Eclipse guy myself.  Finally set up galileo today and am LOVING that box selection.

heh, i think i've seen that BlueJ thread…  I'm an Eclipse guy myself.  Finally set up galileo today and am LOVING that box selection.

intellij ftw!