Java.io.IOException: The binary file is of newer version than expected! 2 > 1

[java]SEVERE: An error occured while loading jME binary object

java.io.IOException: The binary file is of newer version than expected! 2 > 1[/java]

Ok, so I know this question has been addressed before but since I’m on the nightly, and I’m updated…why am I still getting this? If I make a change to a scene and save it, the above error is thrown.

My sdk is up to date, and so are my plugins.

Reconvert your models to j3o. Should resolve the issue… I think.

If you use nightly anything can happen anyway. Its not like “nightly” is some stable version, its an in-between of changes and things to be done yet, especially stuff like this will always happen in nightly.

@t0neg0d said:
Reconvert your models to j3o. Should resolve the issue... I think.

I'm unfamiliar with how to do this, can you give me a brief overview on how to accomplish this?

@alucard If your exporting models from Blender using Ogre, right-click the mesh.xml and convert to j3o… if your not using models like this, than the problem would be elsewhere. I had this error come up once and was able to fix it by reconverting the mesh.xml files to j3o.

Hopefully this is the same issue.

Ok to make this even worse, I’ve scrapped the terrain scene I made in terrain editor…uninstalled the jmonkeyengine and deleted all files. After that I reinstalled and updated with stable ONLY. Then I created a new terrain and again!! the same error:

[java]Mar 18, 2012 8:13:24 PM com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter load

SEVERE: An error occured while loading jME binary object

java.io.IOException: The binary file is of newer version than expected! 2 > 1

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter.load(BinaryImporter.java:159)

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter.load(BinaryImporter.java:137)

at com.jme3.export.binary.BinaryImporter.load(BinaryImporter.java:121)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:273)

at com.jme3.asset.DesktopAssetManager.loadAsset(DesktopAssetManager.java:316)[/java]

Now I’m really confused :frowning:

bump,anyone?

Delete the settings when uninstalling.

@normen said:
Delete the settings when uninstalling.

I deleted the jmonkeyplatform folder in program files after uninstalling. Is there another directory learking around?

When you uninstall it ask you if you want to delete your settings. Click yes.

@madjack said:
When you uninstall it ask you if you want to delete your settings. Click yes.

I clicked that check box--still persisted.

if it would not work, check(for windows):

c: Users userName AppDataRoaming .jmonkeyplatform

and other folders like:

c: Users userName .jmonkeyplatform

check them all. if you want all clear, remove all. (remember have backup, and remove after uninstalling)

1 Like
@oxplay2 said:
if it would not work, check(for windows):

c: Users userName AppDataRoaming .jmonkeyplatform

and other folders like:

c: Users userName .jmonkeyplatform

check them all. if you want all clear, remove all. (remember have backup, and remove after uninstalling)

Thank you! This solved it; The files in c:/users//.jmonkey* (3 folders total, 1 I think was for installer only but deleted nonetheless). Removing these persisted directories after uninstall worked.