java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: de/jarnbjo/ogg/EndOfOggStreamException

I’m struggling with this exception which is preventing my app from running D: I can’t figure out what is wrong. Please help :open_mouth: !!

I’m having the same problem. Only occurs when I build/deploy my app…

Seems like the ogg library is missing… What libraries are set for the project?

normen said:
Seems like the ogg library is missing.. What libraries are set for the project?

I don't know :x . Anyway I got it working again by checking jme3 out of svn again.

The only library that’s set for me is JME3…It’s odd because I can run it fine inside of Netbeans. The problem only crops up when running the packaged jar…

Now I’m getting this again…Oh fu…

Indeed strange… Does the lib folder of the distribution version contain the j-ogg-oggd and j-ogg-vorbisd jar files? If not, in jMP try adding the “jme3-libraries-oggvorbis” library to your project and see if they are included then.

The lib folder contains these files.

I second that.

I got it to work by copying JME’s lib folder into my distribution’s lib directory. I’m not sure why Netbeans didn’t package it up (usually does – first time that this happened).

Uh, so what? It was in dist/lib or it was not after compile?

It was not after the compile. Appears to be a Netbeans issue. I just updated Netbeans and it works fine now (lib remains after compile). Solution: Update Netbeans to the most recent version or copy /lib folder into your application dist/lib (so you get dist/lib/lib). Alternatively you could edit the manifest file I suppose…

So you are not using jMP? What plugin was updated in NetBeans so that it worked?

No (although admittedly I should start using jMP). I just removed Netbeans and downloaded a fresh copy. NetBeans IDE 6.9 (Build 201006101454) on Mac OS X. Maybe I had screwed up some of the build scripts (since this never happened before).

Well this is RLY annoying. If I include the jMonkeyEngine3.jar from the pre-built distribution it works fine. If I include the jar built from sources I get these

Sep 16, 2010 3:46:40 PM com.jme3.system.Natives extractNativeLib

WARNING: Cannot locate native library: windows/lwjgl64.dll

Sep 16, 2010 3:46:40 PM com.jme3.system.Natives extractNativeLib

WARNING: Cannot locate native library: windows/OpenAL64.dll

Exception in thread “AWT-EventQueue-0” java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/lwjgl/LWJGLException

D:

Well I had that problem in eclipse a well, it is much more likely that it does not find a file that it needs. hence unexpected end of stream

That’s because the sources don’t include the missing libraries. If you include the sources, make sure to also include the libraries that are included in JME’s compiled dist. ie include the contents of JME’s lib folder.