Javadoc encoding

Hi,
not sure if anyone has the same problem, but when building jme from sources, I get this error when JavaDoc is being generated:

error: unmappable character for encoding Cp1250

Not sure if it has something to do with Windows or the language that I am using on my machine, but the fix is very simple. Just add this line in the build.gradle under task “mergedJavadoc”:

options.encoding = 'UTF-8'

I suppose that could be set by default for everyone?

Yeah, probably should be UTF-8… though I wonder where the unmappable character is.

If you feel super-conscientious, you might submit a pull request.

… just boosting Google’s rank for anyone searching for this, as this you found the solution, nice work mate =)

Thanks! :smile:

Anyhow, I am new with the GitHub - just created the account actually - I am working with BitBucket and Mercurial usually. :smile:

The whole error with unmappable characters is here:

C:\AAA\MyProjects\3D-Graphics\jmonkeyengine\jme3-core\src\main\java\com\jme3\scene\shape\StripBox.java:133: error: unmappable character for encoding Cp1250
     * The cloned box will have ÔÇ?_cloneÔÇÖ appended to itÔÇÖs name, but all other
                                  ^
C:\AAA\MyProjects\3D-Graphics\jmonkeyengine\jme3-core\src\main\java\com\jme3\util\MemoryUtils.java:67: error: unmappable character for encoding Cp1250
            Logger.getLogger(MemoryUtils.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, "Error retrieving ÔÇ?MemoryUsedÔÇÖ", ex);
                                                                                                ^
C:\AAA\MyProjects\3D-Graphics\jmonkeyengine\jme3-core\src\main\java\com\jme3\util\MemoryUtils.java:81: error: unmappable character for encoding Cp1250
            Logger.getLogger(MemoryUtils.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, "Error retrieving ÔÇ?CountÔÇÖ", ex);
                                                                                                ^
C:\AAA\MyProjects\3D-Graphics\jmonkeyengine\jme3-core\src\main\java\com\jme3\util\MemoryUtils.java:96: error: unmappable character for encoding Cp1250
            Logger.getLogger(MemoryUtils.class.getName()).log(Level.SEVERE, "Error retrieving ÔÇ?TotalCapacityÔÇÖ", ex);
                                                                                                ^
C:\AAA\MyProjects\3D-Graphics\jmonkeyengine\jme3-desktop\src\main\java\jme3tools\navigation\Coordinate.java:117: error: unmappable character for encoding Cp1250
     * 38Ô?×31.64'N for lat, and 28Ô?×19.12'W for long
          ^
C:\AAA\MyProjects\3D-Graphics\jmonkeyengine\jme3-desktop\src\main\java\jme3tools\navigation\Coordinate.java:117: error: unmappable character for encoding Cp1250
     * 38Ô?×31.64'N for lat, and 28Ô?×19.12'W for long
                                    ^
6 errors