Jbullet got updated!

Hey,

I was just doing an update in my local version of jbullet, expecting a "your version is up to date" but do you believe, there were massive updates!! Maybe my small paypal donation really did something :wink:

The KinematicCharacterController by SomethingNew has not been included apparently :confused: but I will add it again in our version, just let me test around a bit and see if some bugs got squished in jbullet, then I will add it to jme3 and jbullet-jme as soon as possible!

Cheers,

Normen

Ok, added KinematicCharacterController, compiled it and added it to svn.

Seems like it was mostly small fixes, bringing stuff to native version 2.72 and adding the CCD motion clamping fix from 2.74…

So, what is new exactly? I don't understand JBullet so simple explanation would be good :stuck_out_tongue:

From bullet wiki: Bullet 2.72 re-enables CCD based motion clamping. It lets the developer enable clamping of motion if the motion per simulation step exceeds a given threshold. This feature works on a per-object basis.

So I could integrate that now…

Then theres some export feature we dont need and some improvements to various shapes and the physics space.

So nothing noticeable right now…

Momoko_Fan wrote:
So, what is new exactly? I don't understand JBullet so simple explanation would be good
After updaing jbullet's monotine, a new file appeared contained the following:

This file describes the porting status of various parts of JBullet.

Base code is based on Bullet 2.72.

List of exceptions:

2.74:
- CCD motion clamping fix

2.70:
- demos
- AxisSweep3
- DBVT
- SimpleBroadphase
- CompoundCollisionAlgorithm
- CompoundShape
- ConvexShape
- BvhTriangleMeshShape
- StridingMeshInterface
- TriangleIndexVertexArray
- TriangleMesh
- TriangleMeshShape
- GjkPairDetector (non-virtual methods)
- MinkowskiPenetrationDepthSolver (non-virtual methods)
- HingeConstraint (probably newer patch applied)

2.70-beta1:
- graphics part of DemoApplication

2.66:
- OptimizedBVH

Obviously that does in no way help with an explanation of what any of these terms really mean.

I know what the various classes are used for (such as the GjkPairDetector & MinkowskiPenetrationDepthSolver are used in determining narrowphase collision pairs

Well mostly I am happy to get any sign of life from jbullet :wink:

normen said:
The KinematicCharacterController by SomethingNew has not been included apparently :/

Awww.... :(
SomethingNew said:

normen said:
The KinematicCharacterController by SomethingNew has not been included apparently :/

Awww.... :(

Yeah, I really don't know how to approach jezek anymore.. Email doesn't work, posting at javagaming.org doesn't.. Anyway, thats why I put our own version into the jbullet-jme svn :)