JDK (3.1) instant crash (Archlinux, OpenJDK)

If you look at the sample I poste above, I include assets directory in resources.
for SBT, it’s something like :

unmanagedResourceDirectories in Compile += baseDirectory.value / "assets"

If you want to keep the directory layout compatible with the SDK.

1 Like

handle it myself, yes, but it should be the default location where the assetManager looks, right?

So:

-src
-assets
–textures
—test.png

Now when I do:

val tex = assetManager.loadTexture("textures/test.png")

I get an:

com.jme3.asset.AssetNotFoundException: textures/test.png (Flipped) (Mipmapped)

Now if I prepend assets/ makes no difference.

I can’t find much documentation other than “use the sdk”, so sorry…

So basically I have to “zip” my assets-directory (and rename it to .jar?) That sound tedious during development…

No. The asset manager by default looks on the classpath.

Ah, thanks @david_bernard_31 :slight_smile: works like a charm.

Now the only thing remaining: Where do I get nightlies from?

Almost like someone should make some kind of automated build system that does frequently required tasks automatically… Said person could call it ANT or Maven or Gradle maybe. Just speculating. :wink:

Using sbt already :stuck_out_tongue: but thanks :slight_smile: (Ya, I know ANT, Gradle, Cmake, Make… I prefer sbt for my Scala-development :))

Which is fine… I’m sure it has some way of creating jars.

Though this worries me:

Because I’m not sure why one wouldn’t just use the jar util.

I guess david’s solution is just bundling all of the assets in with the class files? That is a simple approach. Though you may someday still want to have a separate assets jar for reasons.

I used ANT, Maven, Gradle, SBT (including creation of plugin for each). And I prefer to avoid ANT and SBT including for my scala dev, I use SBT/activator only when it’s the only valid option (eg for Play). :wink:

I’ll deal with that on the go. sbt is really powerful, it’s just… I’m kind of unused to it, but I fell in love with Scala some time ago and of course I want to get to know the standard-build-tool as well :smile:

Now, up to some mischief (with 3.0 for the time being)! Let’s see if I can optimize my voxel-world ^^… my own engine wasn’t quite as funny to use… I’ll miss my maths-classes tho g

Yes my simple solution is to bundle assets with classfile like for any resources.
The sbt fragment I send, doesn’t include filtering (like in the gradle code I share above). I let you do the filtering or create a more advanced asset pipeline later (eg to preprocess assets, …)

Ah, well, I’ll have to learn a lot going on… I’ve only written a small 3D engine in C++ before (with e.g. Deferred Shading tho), but now I want to dive into this whole stuff more.

Thanks again!