Jinput version

What is the version of jinput that is used by JME? Is it coming from SVN? I am interested because I have made a few changes to jinput but so far haven’t been able to get any of the devs from java-gaming to respond.

Thanks

No, its the latest stable version that we tested.

Thanks

@Conzar said:
What is the version of jinput that is used by JME? Is it coming from SVN? I am interested because I have made a few changes to jinput but so far haven’t been able to get any of the devs from java-gaming to respond.

Thanks

Which changes have you done?
@gouessej said:
Which changes have you done?

Add event grab: Creates a new API call that enables and disable events from being passed to the operating system (known as grab). This function is necessary for applications to remap events.

Detect Hardware Status Changed: Add a method that detects when new hardware has been connected and when existing hardware has been disconnected.
@Conzar said:
Add event grab: Creates a new API call that enables and disable events from being passed to the operating system (known as grab). This function is necessary for applications to remap events.

Detect Hardware Status Changed: Add a method that detects when new hardware has been connected and when existing hardware has been disconnected.

If you want, we can put your changes into JInput For JogAmp and then back to JInput.
@gouessej said:
If you want, we can put your changes into JInput For JogAmp and then back to JInput.

What is JogAmp? Please let me know how I can assist with the changes.
@Conzar said:
What is JogAmp? Please let me know how I can assist with the changes.

JogAmp is a set of Java bindings for several APIs (OpenGL, OpenGL-ES, OpenAL, OpenCL, OpenMax).

Your changes are very interesting. JInput For JogAmp is a different "flavor" of JInput with a better integration in JogAmp:
https://github.com/sgothel/jinput

You can fork this repository and make a pull request with your changes if you want and it would be greatly appreciated. Moreover, your changes would be transferred in the "classic" flavor of JInput.
@gouessej said:
You can fork this repository and make a pull request with your changes if you want and it would be greatly appreciated. Moreover, your changes would be transferred in the "classic" flavor of JInput.

Will do!

Done! I made pull requests for 2 branches; detect is built from grab. So really, I think all you need to do is merge detect.

Please let me know if you require any additional information!