JM SDK Freezes Randomly while using the Projects Tab (OSX)

Hi,
i looked around a bit and saw similar problems, but workarounds doesn’t work for me (e.g. delete cache).

Basically what happens is:
While i am using the SDK all is fine. Problem occurs hardly randomly when i make new Projects or just go into the Projects Tab.

I don’t think it have something to do with the “background scanning of projects”.

Any advice for me?

Thanks in advance

additional fact: the freeze only appears if i load a new one of the basic JME3 Projects, such as BasicGame, JME3 Test Android and JME3 Tests.

Ok,
finally i found out whats going on.

The JMonkey Plattform freezes only while a second screen is connected, and a new Project is added.
I have tested it a few times now.

I think this is pretty weird, but i hope good to know for you guys.

1 Like

Thanks, do you use the latest installer? When you check the “about…” window you should read something like “running on JRE 1.7u51”.

What you could try,

get missioncontroll or similar , and check the threads there, if some seem to be waiting for something that just does not occur. Eg deadlock or native events.

@Empire Phoenix said: What you could try,

get missioncontroll or similar , and check the threads there, if some seem to be waiting for something that just does not occur. Eg deadlock or native events.

No, this sounds more like an OSX / Quartz issue.

@normen said: Thanks, do you use the latest installer? When you check the "about.." window you should read something like "running on JRE 1.7u51".

Product Version: jMonkeyEngine SDK 3.0
Updates: Updates available
Java: 1.7.0_51; Java HotSpot™ 64-Bit Server VM 24.51-b03
Runtime: Java™ SE Runtime Environment 1.7.0_51-b13
System: Mac OS X version 10.9.2 running on x86_64; US-ASCII; de_DE (jmonkeyplatform)

It´s all Updated. And i didn’t see any waiting processes.

In the end i am able to work with it.
Thanks for responses.

Best make sure you only run the IDE on the main monitor. OSX seems to have some issues with multi-monitor setups since 10.7, for example some audio software I use also doesn’t like to be displayed on a secondary monitor and causes severe performance dips if it is.