JME 3 and Linux

Hi,

I am trying to get JME 3 to work in ubuntu. I keep getting: "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gluegen-rt in java.library.path" when I try to run any jme3test using test chooser. I have added all jars to eclipse build path.

If I try to do the same in Windows, everything works just fine.

Any ideas, what could be wrong? How JME 3 should be configured in linux (I am using eclipse)?

Thanks

Are you using the LWJGL or JOGL renderer? Can you try both?

I was able to find a lot of info about this issue online, but only for JOGL.

Hi,

I used JOGL.

Actually I have tried both JOGL and LWJGL. LWJGL does not work either, but that might have something to do with my laptop having GMA950 display controller.

Hi I trying to run jme3 in linux too.

In JOGL i have this error:

INFO Natives 18:27:38 Extraction Directory #1: file:/home/pau/NetBeansProjects/jme3/build/classes/com/jme3/system/
INFO Natives 18:27:38 Extraction Directory #2: /home/pau/NetBeansProjects/jme3
INFO Natives 18:27:38 Extraction Directory #3: /home/pau/NetBeansProjects/jme3
Exception in thread "AWT-EventQueue-0" java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gluegen-rt in java.library.path
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadLibrary(ClassLoader.java:1734)
        at java.lang.Runtime.loadLibrary0(Runtime.java:823)
        at java.lang.System.loadLibrary(System.java:1028)
        at com.sun.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader.loadLibraryInternal(NativeLibLoader.java:102)
        at com.sun.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader.access$000(NativeLibLoader.java:51)
        at com.sun.gluegen.runtime.NativeLibLoader$1.run(NativeLibLoader.java:70)

and in LWJGL the error is relative to openal natives:

SEVERE LwjglAudioRenderer 18:31:12 Failed to load audio library
org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not locate OpenAL library.
        at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:153)
        at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:104)
        at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:191)
        at com.jme3.audio.lwjgl.LwjglAudioRenderer.initialize(LwjglAudioRenderer.java:53)
        at com.jme3.app.Application.initAudio(Application.java:126)

I checked out r5331

I added joal/JME3-natives-joal.jar to classpath but doesn't work

Thankyou!

Extract the natives to the working directory, that should work.

Hi,

There are following files: libgluegen-rt.so  libjogl_awt.so  libjogl.so  liblwjgl64.so in the project directory (top level). JME has copied them there. Should I copy the files to some other location as well?

Thanks

Problem with linux+JOGL is that it can't load the natives automatically. You gotta specify the java.library.path property to the Java VM for it to work.

Hi,

It seems that after setting java.library.path I am not getting "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gluegen-rt in java.library.path" anymore. Cool. :slight_smile: Unfortunately JME seems to give me a window which is 2-4 pixels wide and the window cannot be resized.  :frowning:

btw. In JME 2.x native library locations could be set from eclipse Java Build Path -> Libraries and setting native library location for a jar -file. Can I do the same for JME 3, to avoid setting directly the java VM property?

btw. In JME 2.x native library locations could be set from eclipse Java Build Path -> Libraries and setting native library location for a jar -file. Can I do the same for JME 3, to avoid setting directly the java VM property?

Yeah it should work fine.

It seems that after setting java.library.path I am not getting "java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no gluegen-rt in java.library.path" anymore. Cool. :) Unfortunately JME seems to give me a window which is 2-4 pixels wide and the window cannot be resized.  :(

Can you please post the jme.log file that's in the project directory?

Hi,

Here is the jme.log (of a case when jme gave too tiny window).

I tried running the application for several times. One time I got a window of a normal size, and the demo worked well.

From the looks of it I think it's some kind of AWT/Swing sync issue or maybe related to the windowing system in Linux. Probably should check that everything happens on the EDT, maybe even forcefully setting the window resolution.

Hi,

I am not sure I understand what could I try next? Or is this just something that does not work yet, as JME 3 is under development?

Hi,

I tried JME 3 nightly build 1.6.2010 it does still give super small windows on JOGL (and they can not be resized).

Has anybody successfully got JOGL renderer to work with linux?

Thanks

Pau said:

Hi I trying to run jme3 in linux too.

and in LWJGL the error is relative to openal natives:

SEVERE LwjglAudioRenderer 18:31:12 Failed to load audio library
org.lwjgl.LWJGLException: Could not locate OpenAL library.
        at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:153)
        at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:104)
        at org.lwjgl.openal.AL.create(AL.java:191)
        at com.jme3.audio.lwjgl.LwjglAudioRenderer.initialize(LwjglAudioRenderer.java:53)
        at com.jme3.app.Application.initAudio(Application.java:126)

Thankyou!

seems like it almost worked, just misses the libopenal.so native file.

Hi

I'm using Linux and Eclipse too

mine works well.

which version of jme3 do you have?

you should download the latest version from nightly (press End and download the lowest one)

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/nightly/

and here was my problem with jme3 like you guys with openal

http://www.jmonkeyengine.com/forum/index.php?topic=13911.msg101378#new

may be the video card isnt supported ?