jME and SWT

SWT is widely used (admitedly, not for games), look at MonkeyWorld3D

You are right, those frameworks better be used for applications like what we did, and not for making games.

And the RCP framework just rocks.

Well this is an understatement.  :mrgreen:

To be hounest, our implemention might not be the perfect one, we just got what we needed from it, and it worked, which means its enough for us  :P. Our concentration was to make the framework for the MonkeyWorld3D. But still a place to put the SWT bindings for jMe would be something really great, and we are welling to share it with others.

I can set up a dedicated project on sourceforge if you don't have a better idea :slight_smile:

Hi The Librarian, Sorry couldn't resist to sleep :D.

Dude,  please go ahead, and we will try to help as much as we can.

Thanks for this effort that you are putting.

–Outrunner.

OK I'll do it then, just trying to think what would be the best (google code? sf.net? …)

As a side note: I'm using RCP/SWT for a MMORPG (admittedly, turn based), and it still rocks :slight_smile:

Hi The Librarian,

sourceforge is just fine, I am very confortable with it.

Project "jme-swt" has just been submitted on SF, it should be approved by next Tuesday.

By the way, I set the licence to BSD (same as jME), even though it can always be changed.

Outrunner, wooyay, are you OK with that ?

We also use the same licence.  BSD is ok with us.

Thanks.

sure, go ahead

wooyay said:

maybe you should take a look at my package - it is a SystemProvider packaged in a jar. I coded this for reusability, so if it lacks something you need, I can add it
http://gonzo.uni-weimar.de/~scheffl2/jme/swtSystemProvider.jar
There is an example in the jar file called HelloSWT.java.
You can use SWT layouts to style the canvas - to make it fit to the window size for example.
I updated the package to my current version - it simplifies the way the canvas can be used.

Hi. I'm also really interested in the jme-swt integration.

There's one problem in your package, unfortunately. It seems like you are using a headless window.  Headless window uses pbuffer which is not implemented by the ATI drivers on Linux.  I don't know if it could be worked around somehow... Any ideas on how to set up a swt canvas without a pbuffer? I've fought with this for a couple of days now...

- rox

jME-SWT has just been accepted as a sourceforge project :slight_smile:

You can join it here : http://www.sf.net/projects/jme-swt

I'll put my current code into SVN as soon as I'm back from Easter holidays :wink:

rox: jME or LWJGL wizards should know that, not I :wink:

Any news on this?

I saw the source wasn't uploaded jet.

Arg sorry still haven't found the time… Haven't forgotten though!

I am looking forward for this…  XD I saw you promised in another thread to have it in a repository soon. Is that still the case? 

Yep!

Tonight if I get home early, or tomorrow :slight_smile:

After 2 months of procrastination, I finally committed the code to the SF SVN

svn co https://jme-swt.svn.sourceforge.net/svnroot/jme-swt jme-swt

It's just the src needed to build the jme-swt.jar

Dependencies are simple : jme.jar, jme-awt.jar, lwjgl.jar and of course SWT.

Don't forget the META-INF/ in the jar, as it contains the com.jme.system.SystemProvider service.

There's an SWTGame class which extends BaseHeadlessApp. You can use it right away or build your own class to fit your needs.

To access the display system: (SWTDisplaySystem)DisplaySystem.getDisplaySystem("SWT");

Just ask if you have any problem or question:)

An Eclipse plugin may be released someday with all the required jME and LWJGL libs bundled.